Pros And Cons Of December Baby
Are you expecting a December baby or did you have a baby who was born in December? In this article, we have shed some light on the Pros And Cons Of December Baby
You might want to thank your lucky stars in fact, since December is actually the rarest month for birthdays which is exactly why December babies are special right from the beginning. Baby born in December is likely to have a better career, have a healthier heart, and be more down-to-earth and easier going.
A study published in the Journal of Aging Research found that December babies tend to have some unique characteristics and live longer than babies born in other months.
According to science, those born in December have some really amazing characteristics. But some people think that having a December birthday might be a disadvantage, not an advantage. Since your baby’s birthday is so close to the holidays (such as the Christmas holidays).
In this post, I’m not going to list silly internet myths like December babies are fairy whisperers – which may or may not be true, but I will cover what scientific research has proven.
So, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of December baby.
Don’t let your child’s sleep problems turn into a NIGHTMARE!
New mothers, this is the only guide you’ll need!
Pros Of December Baby
Several studies have shown that being born in December is the best time to be born. December babies have the following benefits:
- They Have Lower Cardiovascular Disease Risk: In a study of 1,749,400 people, it was found that December babies have a higher chance of having many birthdays ahead because cardiovascular disease rates are lower. It was reported in the study that men born during September through December had higher protection from cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death for men in the US. Those born during December are extra lucky.
- They Are More Likely To Live Longer: A study published in the Journal of Aging Research found that babies born in the last month of the year have a greater chance of surviving to 105 years old or even longer.
- They Save Money On Dental Care: According to The Guardian, census researchers in the United Kingdom found December-born babies are most likely to grow up to become dentists.
- They Are Less Irritable: Studies have shown that December-born babies tend to be less irritable. In one study presented at the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology, summer-born babies were more likely to be moody. However, those born in the winter months, in particular December, have fewer temper tantrums, so they are more likable.
- They Are Pretty Healthy: A Columbia University Department of Medicine study indicates that December babies are less likely to develop major health problems, such as cardiovascular disease.
- They Are A Morning Person: Those born around December were significantly more likely to be morning people than those born in the summer, according to a study of Italian and Spanish university students. A morning person has many health benefits, including being fitter and more likely to be happy. Researchers have found that those born in December have a tendency towards adhering to the golden rule of ‘early to bed, early to rise.’
- They’re Rare: Babies born in December are rare, specifically those born on Dec. 24 or Dec. 25, which are the rarest.
Cons Of December Baby
In a study, researchers found that those born in December have no significant disadvantages when it comes to contracting diseases. Here are a few disadvantages of a December baby:
- People can forget your baby’s birthday: Having a birthday in December can sometimes feel depressing because birthdays are often forgotten during the holiday rush. Of course, everyone is excited about the holidays, but not necessarily for your baby’s birthday. In the weeks before Christmas, people are so busy shopping and seeing family so they may forget your little one’s birthday.
- Planning A Birthday Celebration Can Be Tough: Even choosing a date is difficult since your baby’s friends will probably be out of town when the event takes place. It’s always difficult to decide whether to schedule it for mid-December or early January.
- Health Problems: December-born babies have muscular bodies. They need to protect their nervous system, intestine, and liver. They are also prone to accidents. Rheumatism, swollen throats, lungs, and skin disorders may affect them.
Above I’ve described the pros and cons of December baby and I hope that this article was helpful to you. In my opinion, if you plan to have a baby, you should definitely think about having a December baby.
You might think there is no ideal time of the year to have a baby, but that’s not the case, according to scientists. Although every birthday month has its pros and cons, those born in December get an extra share of sympathy. It is fortunate that many December babies have a sense of humor about it.
Before you decide whether or not to have a December baby, weigh the benefits and drawbacks.